Sunday 10 May 2009

*sigh*

A beautiful morning and Harly and I were joined by Maevey - part cocker spaniel, part otter, part energiser bunny - for a lovely Sunday morning walk. Blue sky, calm sea, happy dogs and the simple joys of stick chasing.  I did make a mental note of the usual high-tide line of oomskah and detritus, but finding this one has to be added to the ever-groing list of 'I don't believe it!' 

The reason, today, that I'm becoming Victor Meldrew was the discovery of one of the carpark dustbins on the beach - contents everywhere.  Someone had taken the trouble to rip it out of its holder and to hurl it off the cliff on to the beach.  I was genuinely lost for words and spent several minutes trying to fathom who would get a kick out of such pathetic, wanton mindlessness.  That can't have been fun can it? Did anyone find that funny? So as Forrest Gump would say, 'That's all I have to say about that.'  *sigh*




No comments:

Post a Comment